Welcome to the Home Decorating News guest blogging team! We are thrilled to have you.
Our standards are high, but that’s likely why you’re interested in participating and we are happy to have you. We offer you a platform for your artistic voice. A place to publish your personal home decorating relevant articles for yourself or on behalf of your clients.
Home Decorating News’ blog is not only an up and coming blog resource for home decorating, interior design and home improvement professionals, but it also is your go-to resource for in-depth how-to articles, influencer interviews and independent home product reviews.
Here is some helpful information and important guidelines required for every article submitted to the Home Decorating News blog:
Original Work Required
We’re always on the lookout for unique, relevant well-written posts – please no posts that have already been published elsewhere.
Home Decorating News strives to create original home decorating related content for its community does not republish old content. You may repost a snippet of your Home Decorating News post to a personal blog with a link back to the rest of the post on Home Decorating News 30 days after your blog post is published on Home Decorating News.
Any post you submit for publication is subject to a Copyscape review to ensure it meets our requirements of having been previously unpublished.
Our Intended Audience
Our audience includes homeowners, renters, DIY decorators, interior design professionals, outdoor living enthusiasts and anyone with an eye for design. They want to hear about the latest home decorating trends, home product reviews and influencer interviews as well as tactics on how to improve your home’s curb appeal.
Types of Content
- How-To Articles
- Round Up Articles
- Case Studies
- Product Reviews
- Influencer Interviews
- Use short concise sentences.
- 1000+ words preferably.
- Use subheaders to break up your sections. Bolded subheaders and titles make it easier for our audience to read.
- Proper grammar and spelling are a MUST.
- You may include any number of links pointing to relevant supporting authority websites. You may however, only include one (1) link pointing back to your own or your client’s website within the article text. There will be NO AFFILIATE links allowed.
- If possible, try to cross reference at least one Home Decorating News blog per article to help our readers dig deeper.
- We will provide a relevant stock image for the article featured image. Any images or graphics you provide within the article itself must be high-quality and at least 800px wide.
Having a good headline is KEY as it really helps to sell your post to our audience and drive traffic.
Some ideas for headlines:
- How to…
- Why you should…
- Lists (7 Tools, 6 Ways, 5 Tips, 4 Things, 3 Mistakes, 5 Benefits, etc.)
- Convey a strong sense of urgency
- Adjectives: New, Essential, Hot, Must-‐Have, Great, Helpful, Simple, Easy, Free, etc.
- Negative headlines seem to work so long as there’s a call to action.
For more headline tips, check out this article.
Engaging the Community
You will be notified prior to publication when your article will be published. Check the blog regularly throughout the day of publication and respond to comments. Tweet a link to your blog post on the Home Decorating News blog.
Guest Post Topics We Cover
At Home Decorating News, we’re interested in personal development related posts for the most part. We specialize in articles in the following niches:
- Home Decorating Guest Post Articles
- Home Improvement Guest Post Articles
- Gardening Guest Post Articles
- Landscape Design Post Articles
- Interior Decorating Guest Post Articles
- Parenting & Family Guest Post Articles
- Holiday Guest Post Articles
- Kitchen Guest Post Articles
- Recipe Guest Post Articles
- Home Product Review Guest Post Articles
As you can see, we do accept articles across a very broad spectrum of niches. If you’re not sure whether or not your article is a fit for our platform, please feel free to reach out with a brief overview. Normally we’ll accept any relevant well written articles touching upon the above niches and popular sub-niches such as:
- Interior Decorating
- Home Furnishings
- Kitchen Appliances
- Holiday Decorating & Recipes
- Backyard Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Family Entertainment…
Please make sure to follow all directions and submit your articles as a Microsoft Word document or Google Doc link using the form on our Contact Page.